Magazines publish articles on topics of popular interest and current events. The articles are written by journalists and are for the general public.
Magazines, like journals and newspapers, are called "periodicals" because they are published at regular intervals throughout the year. You can find print magazines at newsstands and in libraries. Some are now available on the Web as electronic magazines.
Use a Magazine:
- to find information or opinions about popular culture
- to find up-to-date information about current events
- to find general articles written for people who are not necessarily specialists in the topic area
Examples of Magazines:
- U.S. News and World Report
- Business Week
- Advertising Age, a trade magazine