Books cover virtually any topic, fact or fiction. For research purposes, you will probably be looking for books that synthesize all the information on one topic.
Libraries organize and store their book collections on shelves called "stacks." A few books are now available electronically on the Web (e-books) and are purchased by your library.
Use a Book:
- when looking for a lot of information on a topic
- to put your topic in context with other important issues
- to find historical information
- to find summaries of research to support an argument
- Braunstein, Marc and Edward H. Levine. Deep branding on the Internet : applying heat and pressure online to ensure a lasting brand, 2000.
- Kailin, Julie. Antiracist education: from theory to practice, 2002.
- Syed, Aslam ed. Islam: enduring myths and changing realities, 2003.